Saturday 18 July 2015

I wanted to do 'Ojuelegba’ remix with Rick Ross but Drake contacted me- Wizkid

Tags


Nigerian singer Wizkid says American rapper Drake contacted him for the remix of his hit song 'Ojuelegba'.

He said, Drake reached out to him through rapper Skepta but he [Wizkid] was in talks with rapper Rick Ross for the remix.


Speaking on Hitz FM's 'Showbiz Filla' with Amanda Jissih, the ‘Caro’ hit maker who celebrated his 25th birthday on Thursday July 16 2015 said, Drake recorded the remix before Rick Ross got to hear the original song.

"Skepta said Drake liked the work, then he followed me on Instagram so he filled him in and later I met him in London where we recorded the song", Wizkid said.

Speaking on the inspiration behind the song, the singer, real name Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun  said, it is a message of hope about his life experiences and is intended to inspire kids who look up to him.

He said, "I come from the ghetto and I know what it means not having anything and having it now so I just needed to pass a message of hope to kids who look up to me".


EmoticonEmoticon

Loading...