Tuesday 10 November 2015

Derek Boateng Weighing Up Saudi, Swedish Offers

Tags


The journeyman has disclosed an imminent return to club action in January.

 Former Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng says he could be open to a move back to former Swedish club AIK Solna, but admits the existence of other opportunities in Saudi Arabia.

The 32-year-old ex-Liberty Professionals man has been without a club since his departure from Spanish outfit Eibar in the summer.

"Right now I have some offers from Saudi Arabia which I am thinking about,” Boateng told GraphicSportsnewspaper.



“I think maybe I will be going back to Swedish club, my former club, AIK Solna.

“I really have love for that club. These are the two clubs [AIK and Saudi side Al-Wehda] which I am thinking about right now.

“For me, I don't know which one I will be going to unless the January transfer window is open.”

Boateng played 13 times as Eibar finished the 2014-15 season on 18th position.

He has plied his trade at several clubs in Europe including Rayo Vallecano, Getafe, Fulham and Dnipro.

He was a member of Ghana’s contingent at the 2006 and 2010 Fifa World Cup tournaments.


EmoticonEmoticon

Loading...