Thursday 23 June 2016

D Black reveals how DJ Breezy made money to buy a car (+Photo)

Tags

D Black was on eTV‘s The Late Nite Celebrity to promote his yet to be released album Light Work which premieres on July 19th.

Talking about avenues he is exploring currently the 29 year old rapper disclosed;
“[DJ] Breezy and I was having a conversation on how to understand the royalty system. Not just about registering and taking the money but I want to understand how the money is made through these platforms. 


We want to understand BMI, ASCAP. I’m currently getting my royalty cheques. We are both signed to ASCAP and publishing companies. We want to understand it and not just be recording music only.  There are artists who just want to write and let people handle the business side for them but I want to understand what’s going on.

“Breezy has so many hits and when you talk about publishing, the producer owns some percentage on every song they produce. He got Selfie, Personal Person, Tonga, My Woman My Everything and imagine the royalties sitting there and no one is collecting it.

“He is collecting the royalties now and he has been able to get himself a new car.”

D Black is gearing up to release his next studio album Light Work on July 19.


EmoticonEmoticon

Loading...